Search settings and History
Setting search mode
Under “Search Mode” you can specify whether the words from your input are connected with AND, OR or searched verbatim:
- “Search for phrases”: Searches your input as-is (including space characters).
Finds results that contain your exact input.
- “Connect search terms by AND”: Your input will be split at space characters.
Finds results that contain each of the words of your input.
- “Connect search terms by OR”: Your input will be split at space characters.
Finds results that contain at least one of the words in your input.
The symbol at the bottom of the page
Use the symbols at the bottom of the page as follows:
Open database administration.
In the database administration, you can add, enable, disable or delete databases.
- When you delete a database, this is done immediately.
All other changes (adding, enabling, disabling) are only applied after you press “Apply Changes”.
- When language based filtering is active, this page only shows the databases whose source and target language match the active filter languages. In all other cases, all databases are shown.
Enabling or disabling a single database
- Use the switch next to a database entry to enable or disable it.
- To enable, set the switch to the right position (green) green. To disable, set the switch to the left position (grey).
- Press “Apply Changes”.
Enabling or disabling all databases
To enable or disable all databases, press “Enable All” or “Disable All”.
Press “Apply Changes”.
Getting info about a database
To get info about one of the databases, swipe left on the database entry.
In the resulting screen, press “Info”.
Deleting a database
To delete a database, swipe left on the database entry.
In the resulting screen, press “Delete Database”
Note: Deletion is immediate and happens even if you have not yet pressed “Apply Changes”!
Database selection and filtering by language:
In this page you can enable or disable databases based on their language.
Select one or more source language and corresponding target language(s).
- Only databases whose source and target language match your settings will be enabled.
- All other databases will be disabled.
If you want the Database administration to also show only those databases whose source and target language matches your settings, activate the “Filter databases by language” switch:
Example: If you activate this switch, “Database Administration” will for example only show databases “German” as source language.
Press “Select databases” to enable and disable all databases based on your settings.
Adding a new database:
You can create a new database from a given CSV file (CSV=”Comma Separated Value”).
Make sure, that your CSV file meets the following criteria:
- Each row must have two columns
- The first column must contain the term.
- The second column must contain the corresponding entry in HTML format.
- The CSV file needs to be in “Unicode” or “UTF-8-BOM” encoding
Select the CSV file by pressing “Select File”.
Add the database name under “Database name” and the CSV separator character under “CSV separator”. If no database name is given, the name of the CSV-file will be used.
If you want, you can configure additional things:
- A special icon for the new database:
Provide a 32×32 PNG icon and configure it by pressing “Select database icon”.
- A CSS file that defines how the entries of the new database will be displayed:
Provide a CSS file and configure it by pressing “Select CSS file”.
- A HTML file with additional information about the new database:
Provide a HTML file with additional information and configure it by pressing “Select database info HTML file”.