Author: Antonin Kucera
Publisher: Oscar Brandstetter Verlag
Keywords: 550,000 entries
The Dictionary of Exact Science and Technology is the largest German-English/English-German technical dictionary with more than 538,000 entries, about 392,000 explanatory notes (definitions, usage notes, examples), almost comprehensive indication of subject fields, and 867.000 translations from 103 technical and scientific areas.
• modern vocabulary from all fields of science and technology
• the terms and their translations were collected from the most recent technical literature
• many short explanatory notes that will allow the non-specialist user to clearly understand the meaning of a term
• terms are assigned to 103 subject fields
• indication of British, American, and German standards
• consistent treatment of terminological systems, precise elaboration of synonyms, antonyms, and cross-references
For the 2021 edition the author has again revised a large part of the vocabulary, further enhanced the consistent treatment of terminological systems (synonyms, antonyms, hyponyms, hyperonyms, cross-references), significantly increased the number of explanatory notes, updated the vocabulary on the basis of very recent books, journals, and technical articles in the daily press, and added another 12,000 entries.
The Dictionary of Exact Science and Technology is the ideal tool for anyone involved in English-German technical translation on a high professional level.